Due to the COVID-19 shutdown, the 2020
AMC Workshop has been cancelled.
Stay tuned for information on other events
developing for the Fall of 2020!
Tuesday & Wednesday, June 2 & 3, 2020
The workshop provides an overview and critical comparison of major analytical techniques for materials characterization (AFM, SEM, TEM, XRD, DSC, Raman, XPS, etc.) with emphasis on practical applications in Engineering and the Physical and Life Sciences. Presentations and instrument demonstrations span basic to advanced topics suitable for both novice and experienced scientists. Walk-through examples focus on problem-solving strategies, instrument resolution requirements, potential artifacts in data collection, and tips for data interpretation.
- Atomic force microscopy (AFM) and nanoindentation
- Focused ion beam (FIB) for sample preparation and nanofabrication
- Scanning and electron microscopy (SEM, TEM, STEM) including energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy (EDS) and electron energy-loss spectroscopy (EELS)
- Ellipsometry, FTIR, Raman, photoluminescence, confocal microscopy and spectroscopy in general
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) and Auger electron spectroscopy (AES)
- Secondary ion mass spectroscopy (SIMS) and Rutherford backscattering spectroscopy (RBS)
- X-ray diffraction (XRD), reflectivity (XRR), fluorescence (XRF) and small-angle x-ray scattering (SAXS)
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), differential thermal analysis (DTA), particle size analysis, thermogravimetric analysis (TGA)
- Special session on polymers and soft materials, including microscopy of biological specimens
- MRL staff scientists with years of hands-on experience in materials characterization
- Industrial scientists introducing new technology and new instrumentation
- Vendor exhibit show with live instrument demos and scientists on-site discussing advanced applications
- Several networking opportunities including evening reception, breaks and lunches
- Tours of the MRL laboratories
Registration is closed!!
Thank You to our Industry Sponsors!